As Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO works with industry to conduct research based on multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities and uses world-class infrastructure. By partnering with businesses, CSIRO helps to develop innovative products and processes that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
CSIRO is supporting the implementation of the Modern Manufacturing Strategy in the following ways:
CSIRO offers access to our state-of-the-art facilities and expert technicians to work with companies to support innovation. For example
- Testing and Certification services – we provide a range of commercial innovation services that help your business benefit from research solutions. We can help you find a practical solution that can be the difference between success and failure.
- Our FloWorks facility enables businesses to see if their operations can be improved by flow chemistry. Flow chemistry radically improves existing chemical processes allowing for rapid, reduced waste production of chemicals.
- Biomedical Materials Translational Facility – helps MedTech companies turn discoveries into market ready products. It contains the equipment to develop a product though scale-up, prototyping, pre-clinical testing and industry evaluation.
- Recombinant Protein Production Facility – provides Australian veterinary and pharmaceutical biotech companies with access to state-of-the-art facilities for protein production, process development and optimisation.
- Food Innovation Centre – food, ingredient and equipment manufacturing companies access expertise, technologies and support – adopting innovative technologies, improving process efficiency to create high value products for new markets.
Find out more about CSIRO’s work and how it might help your business:
- Working with CSIRO – Information on CSIRO’s manufacturing research and development areas, and how you can work with CSIRO to improve manufacturing processes, develop new products, and explore new ideas to grow your business.
- CSIRO’s commercialisation marketplace – Explore our pipeline of investment and partnership opportunities as well as a range of licensing options to catalyse innovation and create competitive advantage
- CSIRO’s futures reports – CSIRO’s future insights and reports to address challenging strategic and technical problems for businesses.
- COVID -19 Recovery and Resilience Report (CSIRO) – One of CSIRO-Futures Reports, focusing on the unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the opportunities for job growth using science and technology.
Alignment of CSIRO’s Research and Development with the National Manufacturing Priority areas
If you’re interested in discussing your business’ needs with CSIRO, phone 1300 363 400 or connect via www.csiro.au/